Home » » Tuesday's customer inspiration - Kate's warm and welcoming office at Jubilee Village!

Tuesday's customer inspiration - Kate's warm and welcoming office at Jubilee Village!

No, you're not crazy, today is Wednesday and I'm - again - a day late on my Tuesday customer inspiration post. I drove to Taylor University (in lovely Upland, IN) on Monday to attend my son, Jack's orchestra concert that evening (concert was great -he plays cello). I drove home yesterday arriving back around 4 p.m. and immediately went to write this post from home when - surprise! - the same thing happened where I couldn't save the photos that Kate had emailed me on my home computer (maybe some day I'll figure how what to upload so I don't have this problem forever - but don't place any bets on me being successful!).

So, if you checked all day yesterday for my post - I'm sorry. Believing the old saying, "better late than never," I'm here to deliver today though!

Kate Hutson, MA, LPC is our Clinical Case Manager for Jubilee Village. Jubilee Village is a transitional and independent living program for single, formerly homeless, mothers between the ages of 17 ½ and 20. The program is designed to holistically address the many needs of its residents, many of whom enter the program with histories of domestic violence or other manifestations of family discord, and without financial resources or job skills.

Jubilee Village exists to provide safe, secure housing, experienced mentors, and financial counseling for its residents as they prepare for independent living, upon their graduation from this two year program. Jubilee Village is one of the many programs offered through Outreach Community Ministries (of which Jubilee Furniture is a division of - and where the proceeds, minus our expenses - funnel back and help support the work of).

Kate started in her role this summer and inherited an office which was practical, but short on warmth and charm. Here are the "before" photos that Kate sent me:



After a fresh coat of paint (in a great warm, yet neutral color), Kate installed several items she'd selected from Jubilee Furniture as well as some other great pieces which all work together to create a welcoming, safe place for moms - and their children - to met with Kate in.


Didn't Kate do a wonderful job with her office? I love it!

I have something else to tell you about today.

About three weeks ago, Henny - one of our volunteers who works in our older adult program - stopped in the store to discuss Olga - the senior she visits through our Friendly Visitor program (another great program where a volunteer is matched up with a senior - often one who has no family in the area and would love a friendly visit from time to time). To keep occupied and busy - Olga crochets afghans. Lots of 'em. Yet she has no one to give them to and no outlet to sell them. Henny wondered if she and Olga could sell the afghans at Jubilee Furniture and my response was "Sure!". So, starting this Friday (remember we WILL BE OPEN Friday from 1 to 8 and Saturday from 9 to 4) Henny and Olga (at least for a while Olga will be there) will be selling Olga's afghans for a minimum price of $25 (Olga just wants to cover the cost of her yarn - but if you want to give more for an afghan - please do so). Henny emailed me the following photos of some of the 25 afghans that will be available for purchase.







Aren't the colors and patterns amazing?!

Again, Jubilee Furniture will be open THIS Friday from 1 to 8 and Saturday from 9 to 4 and I'll have my usual Friday post, including photos of the new-to-us items for purchase, Friday morning (have you noticed that I've been completing my Friday post earlier? It's usually up by 9 or 9:30 a.m.! Aren't you impressed?).

I hope you, dear reader, have an awesome and wonderful Thanksgiving!
Powered by Blogger.