Home » » Thankful at Jubilee Furniture!

Thankful at Jubilee Furniture!

Welcome! How nice of you to stop by the Jubilee Furniture blog where every Friday I post photos of some of the items we received for donation that week (and which are waiting for you to come in and buy 'em!). I also want to remind you that each Tuesday I post something I call "Customer Inspiration" which showcases things people have purchased from the store and how marvelous they look in their homes! So, if you've purchased ANYTHING from the store EVER and would be willing to take a photo of it in your lovely home and email me at sgalbraith@outreachcommin.org I would be grateful!

Speaking of grateful, in honor of Thanksgiving (and just a reminder: we WILL BE OPEN the Friday [1 t0 8] and Saturday [9 to 4] after Thanksgiving - so come on in and don't leave me sitting there alone!) I've put together the top ten things I'm thankful for:

1.) I'm extremely grateful to both my immediate and my extended family for their encouragement, love and support of uniquely quirky me!

2.) I'll be forever grateful to all the wonderful Jubilee Furniture donors who go to the time and effort to donate to us! We can sell over $11,000 (did you hear we hit $11,460 last Friday and Saturday? A new record and we have WGN TV to thank for it!) and open our doors today with 30,000 square feet of new-to-us merchandise that is all fabulous! Seriously, I have some amazing things to show you!

3.) I am very thankful for my customers. With very little advertising, few signs to actually direct you to the store, and limited store hours - you faithfully make your way to a random used furniture store in Carol Stream, IL each week! Even better, once you come out - you like what you see and tell others about it! Additionally, many of you are willing to share pieces of your life with me which I am honored by

4.) Of course, my next thanks goes to my volunteers! Some of you come in and help once - which I'm thankful for - but so many of you volunteer over and over and over and over (you getting how much they assist? *smile*) which I am extra thankful for

5.) I am very grateful to the Oak Brook Room & Board and how they're helping the environment - and us - by donating both the furniture their customers no longer need and lots of amazing floor sample stuff. To Mark, Jeff and Doug and the rest of the amazing team at Room & Board - thank you!

6.) I appreciate Wheaton Christian Center Church and how they've graciously rented us space for the last five years in a prime location (along North Ave.) for a fraction of the normal cost

7.) I am very thankful to work for an organization that I believe in and is making a difference in the lives of those most in need in DuPage County. No, Outreach (http://www.outreachcommunityministries.com/) is not perfect (for one thing our web address is too long!) but our hearts are in the right place and we're trying

8.) I am daily thankful for a job which - overall - fits my gifts and I love doing (by saying that does it mean I can never complain about my job?). Though there are times I wish I didn't work every Friday night and Saturday - that's the exception and not the norm

9.) I work with two great guys: Dan Snyder, Warehouse Manager and Chris Jackson, Truck Assistant - who are out on the truck every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week physically making donation pickups and doing a GREAT job! They both genuinely care about our donors and making sure the donation experience is a positive one. They are amazing

10.) I often end my posts with words like "Blessings," "God's grace to you" and I hope the fact that I am a Jesus follower comes through in all I do and who I am - and I never want to be pushy about my faith - but I would be remiss if I didn't end my list of things I'm thankful for without including God who has transformed my life

And, OF COURSE, I'm grateful to you, dear reader! You put up with all my nonsense each week and still love me! It's a miracle!

Okay - ready to continue? Good I am too! I am soooooo excited to show you the amazing things Dan and Chris picked up with week!


I love the light finish on this pine entertainment center which is priced $135

this set of three white-washed, wicker pieces all are lighted and have glass shelves (can you see the shelves?). Starting with the piece on the left with two doors, the price is $115; the middle piece which is all shelves is $95; and the last piece on the far right which has three drawers is $135. All are in excellent condition

this tufted sofa is a sleeper too and in like-new condition and is priced $95

this early American style dining room set has a massive two piece china cabinet (6' across) and the china cabinet is priced $135; the table has two leaves and four chairs and is $95

Oh how I wish I had a spot for this Carson's love seat in my home! I LOVE the colors and the flowers and the condition and the size and... It's priced $165

here's another gorgeous sofa - this time by Ferguson Copeland. It's got a curved front and the material is something soft and inviting and warm like chenille (though I'm not positive it's chenille) and is priced $155


this wrought iron black base sofa table has a glass top and is priced $85

this extra long (sorry I didn't measure exactly how long this sofa is - but it's long!) sofa has a slip cover by Simply Shabby Chic and you can buy both the sofa and the slip cover for $60

This End Up bunk beds with two bunky boards for $145


IKEA loft bed with full-size mattress for $145; sofa with white slip cover for $85


frosted glass desk or table with hairpin legs for $135

dresser with eight drawers and a side storage unit for $125; eight drawer dresser $95 - both in very good condition


Bauhaus love seat for $20; matching Bauhaus sofa for $45

sweet drop leaf table and two chairs for $95

I love this end table? night stand? with two drawer and it's priced $75

round beleved glass coffee table for $85


super nice, teak table (two end pieces slide under table top so turns into a square table) and four chairs (don't you love the back design?!) for $145

lighted curio cabinet for $125

lovely drop leaf tea cart for $145

slip covered love seat for $85 (was just professionally cleaned) - there's a matching sofa (didn't take a photo of it - sorry!) for $125

where's another sweet night stand? end table? for $85

West Elm chair for $40 (and there are two of 'em)


West Elm 60" round table with cutout design - retails for $599 (plus $75 shipping) our price $195 (note the damage on the table top); four amazing part leather part leather-like chairs for $135 for all four (chairs are not from West Elm)

great color on this sleeper sofa and ottoman though there's some fading along the back and a couple of rips on the seat cushions (on the side - can't see the rips) for $75


You know I love Room & Board - a lot. Love the construction of their furniture. Love the clean lines, contemporary feel - yet works well with other styles too. However, there does seem to be an issue with the way their fabrics fade. These are amazing pieces - but can you see how they've faded (sort of front to back)? Other than the fading issues - these pieces are fabulous! Two piece sofa/chaise for $425; oversized ottoman for $175; armless slipper chair for $150; oversized arm chair for $225


look at this amazing and unusual drop leaf cedar table! Love! Price? $95

not sure what's going on with my camera, but I was trying to capture this goregous - never been used - table and two leaves which is priced $445. Beautiful wood, love the legs - I guess you have to come in to see this one! The five chairs around it are ladder-back and a number of them need the seats re-caned and are priced $95 for all five

Bauhaus chairs $20 each and matching Bauhaus love seat for $30 (there are two love seat too) - great pieces, again faded though *frown*


love the sunny yellow of this Colby's sofa priced $85


gorgeoous cedar lined chest for $195


look at this sheet music cabinet from the 1920's or 30's! It's amazing, in excellent condition and only priced $245

if your name is Isabel Morgan Butterball (get the Thanksgiving pun there?) - this cedar chest is for you! Can you see the IMB initials on the front? Priced $45

this GREEN (I know it looks blue in these shots - but I swear it's green) - leather, wingback is also an recliner and in wonderful shape and is priced $145

Blessings, peace, grace, love and mercy to you!
Powered by Blogger.