Home » » Just Rambling Again 5/17/13

Just Rambling Again 5/17/13

I'm sure some of you want to live by the ocean. I might. Not sure, but this home in Greece sure is full of character. Truly, and this might sound strange, but if I had my choice between the ocean, mountains, city, suburbs or desert, I'd choose the desert. I've lived in 2 deserts 3 times and love it more than any other place. It just seems to call to me. We live in the southwest desert and it is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Our son lives in the California desert and loves it. He likes to be warm. Our daughter lives in Northern California near the S.F. bay and loves it there. Our granddaughter lives in Washington state near Bellevue and doesn't want to live anywhere else either. Loves it there.


I've always loved wisteria, even did a wisteria stencil in one house we lived in. But they grow fast and will tear an arbor down rather quickly due to the large and strong limbs. The smell is lovely but the pods burst and make a lot of noise. The seeds are poisonous, and the plant can be invasive. That's the main reason I don't plant it in my yard.


Cute idea for hold utensils. I think it could be adapted for other uses also.


Of course I like this idea.


What an example of eye candy...real candy! Just think of the kiddies seeing this when they come home from school. Adorable.


My favorite color combo—pink and yellow.


A little British caravan. This owner has it decked out just the way I'd like mine if I had one. BUT if I had one, I'd have to go camping and we all know how I feel about camping. :-(


Stunning doors leading into a living room. I've often thought of how it would be living in one of those big apartments in a city. I don't think I'd like it as I love living in the burbs. But I'd sure like to see one in person some day.


This little patio could be done rather easily on our patio. It's a small one but I think this one is rather small. It sure would be cute to look out the patio door and see this though. Maybe I can talk Love Bunny into it this summer. I'd probably have to commit to sitting out there though. That could happen. I'm not a "sit in the sun" person however as I burn easily and don't want any more age spots than I already have. But in the evening when the sun is low on the horizon, it's a definite possibility.


Old stone steps leading to a beautiful door with lace on the windows is alluring; however, I prefer a solid door. I don't want people peeping in my door or my windows.


This is also a darling outdoor area with a table and benches no one is going to try to steal. Love the whole area. The cushions on the stone benches are a plus for me!


Do you get the feeling that the woman of this small kitchen is named Ariel? And she must like sweets. What a darling small kitchen and the pantry is cute with the glass doors and cute fabric curtains.


I don't think I've ever seen a roof that needs mowing. How would you get the mower up there and keep from falling off? I wonder where in the world this is. What are all those pipes coming out of the top. While it's truly adorable, I'm not sure I'd want to live in it.


I really like this idea. The kitchen is more than adequate with lots of storage and preparation room. And the dining room is right there. You don't need a separate room that isn't used often. We had a very formal dining room in our last house and rarely ever used it. I decided then that I didn't want a formal room used only a couple of times a year. But I still wanted a gorgeous table, chairs and a chandelier. This would be my ideal setup. Love this arrangement.


Another idea for a cute vignette or even a centerpiece for a dining table.
*

Tidbit:

It took approximately 2.5 million stones to build the Pyramid of Giza, the oldest and largest of the pyramids on the Giza Plateau, and the only remaining Wonders of the Ancient World. If you disassembled it, you would get enough stones to encircle the earth with a brick wall twenty inches high.
~*~
Powered by Blogger.