Home » » Random Thoughts 9/9/2012

Random Thoughts 9/9/2012

Read the top line just under my logo. That is my utmost belief.
*

I hear about summer breakfast programs at the schools now. Since our kids have been out of school for many years and only one grandson left in high school now, I don't get much information about what's happening in our schools. But to have to feed them—and I love kids as much as anyone—is beyond my comprehension. That's what parents are for! I fed my kids; you feed yours. Again I lament, what's this world coming to when the schools have to feed them breakfast and a lot of times lunches and sometimes dinner? And even during summer vacations? This came up in church several months ago but it just crossed my mind recently because of the start of school and the billboards announcing the programs. Puhleeeeze, feed your kids so I don't have to. I mean I'd absolutely have them over for lunch anytime, but feed your kids, parents.
*

Recently while shopping with Love Bunny, I spotted Eggo waffles. I wanted some. He said he'd make me some from scratch. I said I wanted Eggo. We got some. They were a comfort food when I was a young mom. I love those little waffles you just throw in the toaster. Easy peasy. I also love the smell of maple syrup in the morning.
*

I don't know if you've ever noticed but I almost never post pictures of children on my blog. I'm astounded at the amount of photos on websites, not just blogs but all over the internet. Fashion sites, etc. I just don't want some p*rv*rt somewhere viewing them. I want to protect them. I only post my grandkids and great granddaughter with my granddaughter's permission. And I always ask if I can post a friend's new baby or something like that. But to post pictures all over the net of little munchkins posing is not something I think is appropriate, even as cute as they are. ;-) I'm not big on posting clothing much either. I'm just not into fashion at all. If I have my body covered, I'm fine.
*

A few weeks ago we were shopping for beets. (I love beets with macaroni and cheese. That's how my mom and dad did it and it just seems natural to me now to have that combination.) But th' hubs was helping with the shopping again...you know where this is going, right? I've lectured that man so many times about shopping I have lost count. He said the store was out of beets. I told him to calm down and I'd look closer. I found th' beets! He started loading them into the basket. I never, ever buy one of anything. I hate not having something when I need it, so when I'm down to my last 2 cans, I put them on the list and buy 6-12 cans the next time we go grocery shopping. Well, he put one can in after I saw they were actually beets and then he started throwing more cans in. Needless to say, he didn't read the labels and started throwing pickled beets in. I do my own pickling of the beets and don't buy the pickled kind in the store. I had my little hissy fit about shopping. My stomach is roiling now just typing out the words!!
*


What is it about small villages that entrance us so?


And if you're new to my blog read this sign:


I think this is the most gorgeous bed I've ever seen.


A lovely bedroom for you.


Teensy weensy cottage for ya.


Lovely patio I'd like to have in my back yard.


I have no idea where this is but with those palm trees outside definitely in a warm climate, but would you look at how high that glass wall is!


Cute and colorful.


Yeah, yeah, I know. Ya wanna go to France now, right? ;-)


Our country is so blessed to have such bounty as lush and beautiful as these raspberries.


Cute vignette on a back wall.


This old stone house is made lively with all that vivid red.


Tea, anyone?


Clipboards made gorgeous with beautiful fabric.


I don't usually post clothing but this is so feminine and pretty I wanted you to see it.
 *

Words of Wisdom

What you are doing thunders so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you are saying.

Be the example you want others to see. I need to be better about this also. Truly.
~*~
Powered by Blogger.