Home » » A Little Background Information

A Little Background Information

Got the first post up and realize I didn't really tell you anything about the store. I'll try to make it short. Jubilee Furniture is a division of Outreach Community Ministries and has the unique mission of reselling quality used furniture for charitable purposes (actually, it's probably not that unique - a lot of resale stores support the excellent work of some non-profit). Okay, we have the not so unique mission of reselling quality used furniture for charitable purposes! :-) Outreach is a social service agency and has been providing opportunities and restoring hope to those who need it most in DuPage County, Illinois for over thirty years. For lots of good info about Outreach you can go to our website http://www.outreachcommunityministries.com/. Enough said?

I am thrilled at the number of donation calls I've been receiving (after a bit of a slow period) and the excellent stuff we have in the store right now. I'm meeting a couple of volunteers out there this afternoon to price and arrange what Dave picked up this week. Dave Buckson is our warehouse manager. He and I are the two paid Jubilee Furniture/Outreach employees - everyone else you would encounter at the store is a volunteer.

So, what's new you might be asking yourself? Good question. We received a Hendredon sofa - in excellent condition - to name one thing. We actually have quite a bit of retro/vintage items in the store right now. I priced the Hendredon $200, but will probably drop it to $125. If you come in to see it and I haven't dropped the price yet - just remind me and I'll sell it to you (if you want it - it really is beautiful, goldish in color) for the $125 (plus tax).

Not into vintage furniture? Not a problem. We have lots of other stuff too. If there's something special you're looking for, just ask and I'll get back to you. I promise to start bringing my camera to the store and adding photos in the future (this whole blog thing is something I've been thinking about for a long time, found an extra hour and thought I would just dive in - otherwise might never feel quite confident enough to do it!).
Powered by Blogger.