Home » » Favorite Posts of 2009

Favorite Posts of 2009

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  It’s time for my blog roundup of favorites for 2009.  While I was browsing through blogs this year, I saved some posts that really stood out to me for one reason or another.  I’m pretty visual, so that marks one of the reasons that these posts will be on this list.  However, there were a few that just captured my heart.  Read on and let me know if you feel the same way about my picks.

Of course, Cote de Texas’ Joni Webb is going to be on my list, as I’m sure she is on many of your lists for this year (and every year).  But, she had several posts that I absolutely loved, so I’m listing her posts first…. and then I’ll go onto my other favorites.

Cote de Texas:  Kitchens 101:  Elements to Copy – So many kitchens, so little time!   If you want to design a kitchen, this is a great place to start.

image

 

Cote de Texas:  An Updated Kitchen – Joni’s personal kitchen update.  Just beautiful.  I’m jealous! :)

kitchen2 069

 

Cote de Texas:  Houston Shopping:  The Bissonet/Kirby Corridor Antique District – Joni takes us on a personal shopping tour through her part of the country.

houstonshopping 079

 

Cote de Texas:  The Tile House – This house is just fantastic.  I’d love to live here.

image

 

Cote de Texas:  Curtains:  Top Ten #4 – More than you would ever want to know about curtains/draperies and Joni’s preferences.

image

 

Cote de Texas:  Beach House Series #4 - Hamptons House Style – Everything from the “Something’s Gotta Give” house to kitchens that carry that same design aesthetic.  One of my favorites below.

And now, onto other blogs….

Velvet & Linen:  Plumbing Fixture Envy – Brooke Giannetti’s blog never fails to supply the eye candy.  This post in particular was a favorite of mine.  I love this bathroom!

P1030836

 

Visual Vamp:  Day In Day Out – A complete photography log of day beds throughout history, their uses and their beauty.  Wonderful!

 

Decorology:  Beautiful Spaces - unique furniture and accessories – Furniture from Lombok, which photos have a wonderful contrast of dark furniture and light walls/accessories.  That appeals to me considerably.

 

Design Ties:  Hooked on Delicious Doors – the lovely ladies who put this post together really found a great range of interesting doors.  Something I never get tired of.

corbis colored doors kilkenny

 

Things That Inspire:  Steel Windows and Doors – One of my favorite posts of the year, steel windows always attract my eye.

2506 Parkside Drive_archtourist

 

A Schematic Life:  Rendering 101 ... and my 125th Post! – Michelle shared with us her rendering techniques and perhaps because I was taking a rendering class at the same time, I was completely enamoured.

 

 

Grayson:  A Different Shade of Grey:   Photography:  Black & White Filtered – Callie, one of my favorite bloggers just captures my heart somehow.  I don’t know if it’s pics that she posts, the art she chooses to show or what it is, but I couldn’t finish my list without a post from her blog.

 

Developing Designs:  Exterior Lighting for Interiors – Laura Jens Sisino put together a wonderful collection of exterior lighting fixtures and here is one of my favorites.

image

 

Simplified Bee:  Winter White Interior Design & The Snow Man – Cristin put together a beautiful poem by Wallace Stevens and some beautiful pictures of winter scenes that are perfect for this holiday season.

 

Happy holidays everyone!  See you around the corner in 2010!

Powered by Blogger.