Home » » Two French Chairs

Two French Chairs

I haven't posted for over a week but I've been under the weather. I had been having pain in my left leg and after trying my best to diagnose myself—:-)—I made an appointment with my doctor. She thinks it's sciatica, gave me a prescription for pain killers, muscle relaxants and a prescription for physical therapy. I start Monday. My left leg all the way from the "hip" down to my ankle has hurt so bad I've been on pain killers. I'd cut them into quarters to try and cut the pain. I don't want to become a drug addict!

Now, my husband and I are retired and have scaled down from 5,000 square feet to 1800 square feet. We don't have a formal dining room anymore and that's fine with us. We just have an area off our kitchen to eat. For us a formal dining room would be a wasted space. So I settled on this but knew I'd make it a special place when we bought the house 9 years ago.

I've been looking for a pair of chairs for a long time now. A friend told me she got her gorgeous french dining chairs at Savers, a local thrift store. I perused the place but found nothing, but then she warned me I'd have to be diligent. She painted her chairs white and added a red and white check fabric and they are beautiful. Lusting again. I know, I know.

So finally I found 2 chairs on craigslist that would do. They were sturdy enough, all wood with an open back and a piece of carving down the center of the back, already a bit shabby and cheap at $75 for the two chairs. I couldn't get over to his house fast enough!

I didn't particularly want to paint them or change the seat covers OR make new seat covers, which would have been easy so refer to the first paragraph above as to why. And I recently bought some pink seat covers for all the chairs to have a more cohesive feel to them. Finally, stores are getting more pink in their stock. Even men are wearing more pink lately.

Then I saw this website on etsy for these. SweetDreamTutus and the url is: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetDreamsTutus

I have to say this lady was a doll. She answered my questions quickly. I ordered them and she sent them to me in rapid time. I recommend her highly. This photo is on her etsy site; it's not my house. I'm going to order another pair in pink also. I love them!


I have no idea why I'm posting so many photos of these chairs but I wanted you to see how cute they are now after their renovation. So now I have 2 cane back and seat French chairs and 2 of these. I don't have a "before" photo and I'll be darned if I was taking those covers off to show you the before. But they weren't fancy so I made them Fancy.


I've had this fabric for years and was down to my last couple of yards. I absolutely adore this fabric. It's a designer fabric and nice and thick. Absolutely gorgeous in person.


I didn't know how to make them "fit" perfectly and was trying to get every bit of fabric out of the last of the roll I had bought many years ago. So I left them open on the sides and tied them with ribbon. One chair has pink grosgrain and the other one has white satin ribbon. I ran out of the grosgrain and am trying to scale down my craft room—and I'm also lazy—so I used what I had on hand.


I added a boa and a pink paper flower.


Trying to get as many views as I can to show you. You're probably sick of the photos by now, but WAIT! There are even a few more. ;-)


Closeup of the tutu.


The white ribbon ties on the sides come on the tutu.


So you can adjust it to the chair width. Fantastic!


I think this is one of the loveliest lamps ever. A great color, shape and just the right amount of "aging" done to it.


Lovin' this pretty bed and pillows.


Now, this is not my can but I've done this with coffee cans I get from friends since we don't drink coffee. And it is so very easy to make them gorgeous with paint, decals or paper mod-podged on it.


I would absolutely love to find a chair like this. It is gorgeous, but my guess is it isn't comfy to sit in for any length of time.


There are times I'd love to have something like this for my home office and then I think: I have a whole room to myself. Isn't it true that we're sometimes unhappy with the things we have? It takes time to recognize our blessings. While this armoire is gorgeous, I'm blessed to have a whole room for my office. And another room to craft in. I sounded ungrateful but I'm truly not.


Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous. I'd probably have painted it pink but I do love that color on it. I think it would go well in my living room.  ;-)
~*~
Linking up with Pink Saturday.   
Powered by Blogger.