Home » » Whatever Happened to......

Whatever Happened to......

I now have over 12,300 images on my Pinterest. I pin just about every single day as I search the internet for gorgeous images. I strongly suggest you go visit and see all the photos as I doubt I'll ever get them all on this blog. With over 9,700 followers, I can assure you that you'll love looking at all the eye candy I have: beautiful rooms, laundry rooms, pastries real and faux, random places around the world, gorgeous couture and handbags, bedrooms, campers and caravans, aprons, fancy bottles, furniture  and lamps I love, china, pillows, kitchens, bathrooms, porches, patios, pretty craft rooms and offices, just lots of stuff to see. I don't earn any money doing this, just the pleasure of seeing them and sharing with others. GO!
*

I hate cleaning house. But I like a clean house, especially clean floors as I go barefooted most of the time. If I'm not barefoot I have on socks, but no shoes.

So today it was time to clean the floors. I hate this job but it has to be done and I don't like asking th' hubs to do things I can do as he does so much more than I do anyway. Me? I love to just sit and read or come in here to my office and Pin or blog.

I usually use a Swiffer in addition to my Tyson vacuum.

But today I thought about the old mops and brooms we used to use.

I love the old dust mops and brooms. Where have they all gone? Oh, I'll find one in WM but I rarely ever see them in friends' homes anymore. Have the dust mop and broom gone the way of the dinosaur? I bought a dust mop several months ago in WM and use it once in a while but today I decided to give it a good sweep with the broom. I think I got more stuff in the nooks and crannies than I usually get with the Swiffer. And I KNOW my floors get cleaner with a good old-fashion mopping than the wet Swiffer. I doubt many young homemakers use an old-fashioned dust mop or wet mop anymore. It makes me sad when some of the things I've been so familiar with in my childhood have gone the way of the Edsel.

And then there's cooking and the cook ware we used 70+ years ago. I still use the pots I've had for 45 years and a roasting pot my mother gave me 52 years ago when we got married. I remember her buying it from the Wear-Ever salesman in Texas at a home demonstration. It still cooks better than any of these fancy pots and skillets on the market today. Slow cookers? I have had 2 and I've used them a time or two but I've never cooked a roast in one. I cook my roasts in my mother's old Wear-Ever pot and have for our whole marriage. I've never, ever cooked a roast in the oven. Always cooked them on the top of my electric stove on the lowest heat setting—truly, it's almost OFF when I cook it—and I challenge anyone to have better roasts than I can cook. I put it in frozen, caramel some onions, add Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper and forget it until dinner time.

The other day in Costco I dropped in to just buy a couple of hams for food storage in the freezer. The man in front of me had some pork roasts and proceeded to tell me how to cook them in the slow cooker. I told him I had one but have never ever cooked my "PULLED" pork in it. Always on top of the stove. And I told him I have the best ever "PULLED" pork he's ever tasted. He shut up and didn't talk to me again. (I know, I can be obnoxious sometimes.) But we never ever called it PULLED pork as I was growing up; it was BBQ pork. I have witnesses that can tell you mine is far superior to any they've yet eaten.

About a year ago, a Dickey's BBQ came to our town. Hubby and I went there for their grand opening. There was a very, very long line. As we got up to the ordering spot and they asked us if we like it spicy or regular, hubs and I knew right then it wasn't going to be the best. Now, I know it's supposed to be very popular in the South but neither one of us liked it and won't go back. They sliced the pork right then and there and then put the sauce in a paper cup for us to add! That is NOT how you cook BBQ pork. (And when did it become PULLED pork because to us it was always "pulled" apart as we cooked it in the BBQ sauce.) That's the way to BBQ pork! Not just slopping some sauce on top of the pork. I've even put frozen pork chops in the pot and poured my sauce over it and cooked them all day in the sauce, "pulling" it apart with a wooden spoon during the day so the sauce gets to every single morsel. Does this sound vain or bragging? Well, so what? I doubt you'd not like my cooking. ;-) But cooking is a whole other story! I love eating out. :-)
*

A gorgeous living room in the Oriental style. I love those sofas.


Another room I like a lot, with the little private areas sectioned off.


Such a darling vignette for a party.


I've always wondered how they make these little cupcakes. I wish I had the talent but I don't. I'm lucky to even get frosting on them, real frosting!


Is this a hollyhock? If so, it's the most gorgeous one I've ever seen. I know nothing about gardening.


One of my all-time favorites.


This is a kitchen I could love.


A beautiful feather-y pink tulip.


A darling wreath made from scraps of fabric. Looks like it would be easy to make for anyone.


A heart shaped rose.


A beautiful place in another country with gorgeous geraniums.


Wisteria growing on a lovely porch.


I like little cabinets like this. And little enamelware like that Cakes one below.


While it isn't feasible to have a lamp outdoors like this, it is still gorgeous and I love it!


A cute little banner put up by a homeowner who like roses and pink. ;-0
~*~
Linking up with Pink Saturday and Home & Lifestyle Design.
Powered by Blogger.